Which queue is calling me?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kezers, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kezers

Hello, I have IVR and many queue and my cellular phone is on those queue.
    The question is: how I can know when I receive the calls, which queue originated the call?

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kezers,

Is your PBX version 15.5?
    If so, navigate to your Management Console > Contacts > Options > Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID.

Check if the parameter "Prepend Name" is selected. 2017-07-18_14h39_20.png

#2 Panayiotis_3CX, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. kezers

Hello @panayiotis_3CX, thank you for your answer. Yes I'm using 15.5 but I guess I forget to tell you an important detail: I have a transfer on my mobile, so on it I see only the trunk number used for call, not the queue. There is a way to change the caller numer?

4. Panayiotis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@kezers,

In this case it is not possible.
    The queue is an internal system extension and is only visible on 3CX clients or IP deskphones provisioned with 3CX extensions.

5. kezers

@panayiotis_3CX, there are some other options? For example:

-can I the system play a voice message, for instance "this call is from queue A" when I answer a call?
    or
    -can I have a rule who use a specific trunk (for instance, if the queue is A use the trunk 1)

Do you have some other ideas?

6. Panayiotis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You have the option to set a DID for each queue if that is helpful.
    You can configure this from the Inbound rules, or assign a DID from the Queue options.

7. kezers

Hello @panayiotis_3CX, probably I can not well explained my needs.

I have IVR with 4 queue. For instance the queue are for Italian, French, German and UK customers.
    I'm one of the agents and I'm on all queue, but often I'm outside the company so I have a call transfer on my GSM. But when I receive the calls I never know in which language I should answer...

What do you suggest?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Would the caller ID (country code) not indicate where the call originates and which language to use? Caller ID can be modified based on sent number and/or incoming trunk, to perhaps better define the numbers origination.

9. kezers

Hello @leejor unfortunatly this can't be a solution for me. There are two reasons for this:
    1) Country like Switzerland having 3 official languages: Italian, French and German. But the country code is always the same...
    2) In any case, the problem is when I receive the call on my GSM, in this case my phone show me only the number of the trunk who originated the call.

10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can solve your problem very easily, using either 3 or 4 trunks or one trunk with 3 or 4 different numbers. In your GSM phonebook you assign names to numbers like German:, French:, Italian: or English:.
    Before that you need either different inbound numbers to reach German, French, Italian or English queue or IVR, where customer selects preferred language to be serviced in.
    Queues forward the call to your GSM, using different trunks for each of them.

If your provider supports 'Originator Caller ID', you will be able to see original caller ID, but you will not know in which language to answer the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. pact

pact New Member

@kezers have you considered running the 3CX iPhone/Android app so that you are receiving the call as an internal call on your mobile rather than a GSM call? That way you can see the end users real number rather than a forward through your own sip trunks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.