Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

which Router works best with 3CX system?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ravigondaliya, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravigondaliya

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you can help me finding a modem router, which works best with 3CX system. Router which also works well for remote extensions.

Pls provide Router company name and model number.

Regards,
    Ravi

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is a bit of a loaded question. While there are going to be forum members that have a router model that has worked well for them, that doesn't mean that it would be the model that will necessarily work well in your situation.

A lot has to do with what models are available in your location, how much you are willing to spend, and how many additional security, and other features (VPN?) that you desire.

You mentioned a modem router (combination?), so I have assume you are talking ADSL service. That criteria is going to further limit your choices. Myself, I'm not a big fan of combination units as you have to replace the entire thing if one part fails. They also tend to have fewer features as they are , for the most part, for the consumer market and not enterprise.

I would say, that with a few exceptions, the majority of modern routers will work well with 3CX. Some may require some tweaking to get them to "play nice" with SIP.

The router you choose has to support port forwarding, which almost all are able to handle, the rest is "icing".

Personally, I use a number of D-Link DIR-615's running DD-WRT firmware, and have not had an issue. I have tried a number of "basic" routers, and not found one that has given me problems. I just prefer the additional options that DD-WRT offers.

I'm sure you will get some responses from other forum members regarding their preferences.

3. ravigondaliya

Thank you for your reply.

That's right, It's going to be for ADSL service. We used one of the NetComm modem, It had no issue in connecting calls, but we found voice quality gets slightly distorted. When we replaced modem with one of the cisco small business without changing any configuration, it works all OK.

Unfortunately, cisco has stopped manufacturing those small business modem routers.

4. tlsallada

For remote extensions I've used the Airlink GbE ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps units. They only cost around $20.00 and work great!! The model number is: AGSW5014

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

As far as just a firewall/router we use watchguards for 100% of all our installs.
    They are fairly easy to configure and never given us a single issue with voice coming through.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

We've used the Cisco RV043 a,d RV 082 the majority of our turn ups. As of lately we'e been using Watchguard quite a bit as well. Our cliens have already had everything imaginable on site, though I've only had an issue with Sonicwall (only a couple of occastions a and a cistco RV 120

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bardissi

bardissi Member

We standarize on sonicwall routers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.