Solved Whitelist/Blacklist - Export File?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Boloman1925, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boloman1925

Hello,

is there a way to either access the Whitelist/Blacklist file (Windows path?) OR delete the entire table and start again. My Whitelist/Blacklist has become VERY bloated (≥ 5200 entries) and I'd like to clean this up.

Thanks,

G

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Boloman1925

Please note that the entries in the IP blacklist are stored int he database and these is no way to access them to delete them. the deletion can only be done through the management console.

3. Boloman1925

so I'd need to click DELETE on 5300 entries.....?

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Boloman1925

Apparently, yes, but you don't have to press the DELETE button on 5300 entries. When you press delete, a message pops up and ask you for confirmation, in order not to get that for each entry select them one by one and then press the delete button so you press it only once and get the confirmation pop-up also only once.
    In the future though,for your ease to manage, you could try blocking ranges of IPs but first make sure that you will never get any traffic from these IP addresses.

You can find more information here under "Blocking an IP or a Range of IP Addresses".

Thank you

5. Boloman1925

Thanks Ioannis, your suggestion is appreciated, but its still a tonne of clicking. There really should be an easier way to manage the BlackList, and even IMPORT a list.

I use ranges and a perimeter firewall now, this was a one time issue resulting from a BRUIT-FORCE attach while testing the PBX.

Wont be happening again.

Thx
    G

IoannisM_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.