Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Whitelisted TRunk IP keeps getting blacklisted

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by buillett, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buillett

I am running 3CX 15.5, periodically my bandwidth.com trunk fails authentication too many times and ends up on the IP blacklist as blocked, causing my phone lines to be down. When I notice this, I will login in, allow the blacklisted IP, and all seems good for a while. Then weeks or months down the road there may be another spat of failed authentication and the same IP I previously allowed ends up blocked again. Is there a way to permanently white list an IP in 3CX without it being allowed to automatically be moved back to the blacklist as blocked by the PBX due to failed authentications?

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi buillet,
    While in the Dashboard select IP Blacklist, add the ip you want to whitelist and in the dropdown list of actions select Allow. You can also add a range of IP's.

3. buillett

I have done this more than once, and it is automatically blocked again at a later date when there are multiple failed authentications on that IP address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.