• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Why C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\ AND C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data Folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptime1

Customer
Reaction score
Just curious, what is the purpose of these folders being duplicate?

Is the non-InstanceX folder used in a standalone (non-tenant) installation?

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones
C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Bin
C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Bin

Thanks!

I am going to take a guess as I really have no insight on why.

My guess is that the program is universal in that when installed, it asks whether a single instance or a cloud based instance (multiple hosts). The first location is the "master" and I suspect the default repository. If in a single instance, the program uses the master and creates "instance 1" and copies the templates into the new location. It uses the same strategy if the application is hosting multiple instances so that each instance, when created, starts with the same base template which can then be customized as the need arises for each added instance.

Re: Why C:\ProgramData\3CX\Bin\ AND C:\Program Files\3CX\Bin Folders?

The first location is the "master" and I suspect the default repository. If in a single instance, the program uses the master and creates "instance 1" and copies the templates into the new location.
master could be zipped to avoid confusion :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.