why did 3CX abandon support for Snom?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

Just wondering why 3cx stopped supporting Snom phones.

Started installing 3cx at my company locations 2 years ago. At that time, Snom was supported, so we bought Snom phones, with plans as we upgraded our other locations to 3cx we would also be using Snom throughout the entire company.

Were the phones no good? They always seemed to work fine for us.

I suppose 3cx had a reason, and what's done is done. But it kinda puts me in a bad situation with my management. Now we have to move to a different brand phone for the other divisions in my company. We will have half Snom and half Cisco and/or Grandstream in our company. Bummer...

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

just because they are not supported doesn't mean you can't use/make a template for them...
    you probably already have one...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zooeyhall

Thank you for the reply. Not so much worried about getting the Snom phones to work with 3cx, as that part seems to be going ok. It's answere to questions on the interoperability of Snom phones with 3cx, such as getting BLF's to work with certain 3cx functions, that not being a "preferred" phone can be a problem.

4. acolville

I think the right question should be why did Snom abandon 3CX. I am in a similar situation to you with a number of Snom phones. Up until about 18 months ago Snom were happy to provide support for their phones with 3CX, then this stopped. Perhaps because of Snom One????

Anyway, although Snom phones are not "officially supported" and initially there were not to be any new templates from V11, there are in fact new templates included in V11 which bring in the new features eg distinctive ringing.

5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

The reason is because of the fact that Snom have released their own software PBX solution, which is a direct competitor to 3CX.

If you were 3CX wouldyou intentionaly support the phones of a competitior where you know their profits from phone hardware sales go towards helping with the development of their own PBX ?.

6. tom_ch

Dear God, it's like being in kindergarten... You hit me so I hit you.

Why aren't 3CX and Snom able to find a compromise and solution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.