Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Why doesn't the 3CX mobile client push GSM presence to 3CX????

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sorby, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorby

Isn't there no one else then us who is annoyed that colleagues and the switchboard transfer calls to you when you're busy in a mobile phone call?

Why doesn't the 3CX mobile client push GSM presence to 3CX??

jed, bodleid and andrewmbioquell like this.
  2. bodleid

Agree, this is must in Nordic countries, you need to have api for busy in mobile or similar solution you describe above. It is really hard to sell 3CX system in Nordic without this feature since this is requirement with almost all companies

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jed likes this.
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that PUSH itself was a bi-directional feature, or even capable of doing that.

It would probably have to happen where when a PUSH message was sent to the phone, the phone wakes up and 3CX registers, at the same time, the state of the phone would be noted. If engaged, then that fact would have to be passed back to the PBX during, or just after, registration so that the call could be handled as if the extension were engaged.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

there is a new beta version currently under testing that addresses this issue. You could download that and let us know if that helps. There is an option included in the client you can toggle on and off to have the client ignore sip calls while you are on a GSM call. The option is under advanced settings

5. Sorby

This does not solve the issue, the switchboard and other extension still "see" the extension they transfers the call to as "available" when they actually are in a active GSM call.

The "Busy When On GSM Call" feature in the beta app dosen`t change the presence color in 3CX.

jed likes this.
  6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Sorby @bodleid

Basically, what you ask for is 3CX client to act as a service continuously monitoring the GSM calls and notifying/updating accordingly MyPhone's status. Am I correct?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jed likes this.
  7. Sorby

Yupp! Thats correct :) Just like Innovaphones myPBX apps and others does...

jed likes this.
  8. Sopock

Sopock Member

I think there is again confusion here. This is not related to FCM which never throttles messages with a time-to-live value of 0 seconds.

I think that OP would like to see PhoneStateListener which 3CXPhone should use to notify PBX about change.

#8 Sopock, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  9. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Sorby

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't see that feature implemented too soon, and that's because we tried it already and it was available for few months then we removed it; the main reason: sometimes those extensions remained stuck in "DND-In GSM call" indefinitely, because the GSM call lasted longer than 3CX client' maximum allowed background time, so the OS was killing the client. With its status remaining in DND, even in today's PUSH environment, no incoming call would be allowed by the PBX to wake app up back.

As I mentioned - this was the main reason. Add to this that an application running in the backround 24 hours per day 7 days per week it's a hell of resources consumer. There were also reasons related to network rights, PBX restarting, user deleting/switching account, etc, which, bottom line, made this concept very unreliable.

I'm assuming that, despite my explanation, you're still keen to see it implemented - in this case, my advice is to post it to the Ideas section (as far as I remember, there is already there posted by somebody before you quite long time ago).

Regards
    vali

LATER EDIT:
    Oh, it was you then too, 2017 :D
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/mobile-phone-availability-connector-to-3cx.49010/

#9 Vali_3CX, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  10. agentsmithitaly

@Vali_3CX you could implement this as a client-server service, where the the client continuously update the server like once every 30 seconds, if client is in background is killed by OS, the server will automatically restore the presence as Available after some minutes of missing updates.

The very same technique could be used to avoid "stuck calls" due to internet connection dropped while on a phone call. What do you think?

11. Sorby

I think this is a good idea!
    Much better then no "in active call" presence at all when in a GSM call.

You have my vote :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.