Why is digital receptionist not announcing welcome message?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lennyli, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennyli

i have the latest 3cx v12 sp5 installed on server and plugged a voip box to my phone and the server running windows 2008 r2 sp1. i also installed 3cx phone for windows.
    on the management console, at extension node i clicked send welcome email button but the welcome email never arrived althogh i configured my smtp.
    i configured the digital receptionist with the HOL and welcome sound file and menu, but no incoming calls are being picked up by the system and sound file played. why?

2. roland.s

3CX Support

Re: Why is digital receptionist not announcing welcome messa

Hello Lenny,

Please ensure that all the correct ports are enabled. You may run the firewall checker as well . If it is still an issue, please contact 3CX support.

3. lennyli

Re: Why is digital receptionist not announcing welcome messa

i pass the firewall check as port forwarding has been configured properly on the router as per specification. i only have one normal telephone in the small office. the extension status shows that it is not registered with user status being available and DND being OFF. i wonder should the status being registered? if so how do i do that? i wonder for the 3cx phone how do i generate the welcome email of i cant seem to send it via smtp? i can't seem to add account on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.