Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Why must an Authentication ID be unique?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tino, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tino

I have two VOIP Providers. With both providers I have the same username; myname.
    Obviously, the two SIP servers are different for the two different VOIP providers.

But 3CX won't let my put my 'regular' username in the Authentication ID box, because for some reason it must be unique.

Why's that? If you use your 'username' in the Authentication ID field, you can have multiple providers with identical Authentication ID's.
    I could fill out my complete ID, e.g. myname@my.sip.server but since it appears that 3CX will append the SIP server name during authentication you might wind up with something like 'Spoofed FROM URI'.
    (The request will have something like myname@my.sip.server@my.sip.server in the appropriate fields. One way to work around this COULD be to mess with the outbound SIP messages, and change the value for the field containing AuthID stuff. But that's a pain and error prone.)

Looks to me like the combination of Authentication ID and SIP Server should be unique.

Any ideas on this?

Tino

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.