Why no logging on failed registration.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by weaver, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weaver

I am building a sip based appliance and I am trying to get it to work with 3CX.

I am sending a registration without Password and ID. 3CX sends me a RegAuthChallenge event (which it should). I then send it a the registration parameters with username and password. Then I get a message that Registration has failed.

I look in the Sever Activity Log and there is nothing in there. No mention of any phone trying to register or why that phone failed. No mention of any events at all regarding that phone or its ip address and that is with Verbose checked along with the others.

Is there some way to get more logging details?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And what happens if you try a registration with the ID and password to begin with? I see failed attempts all the time, from hackers trying to guess the password, until the security features kick in and block them. I would think that the log should show any attempt to register but have never tried without ID and password.

3. weaver

I do see errors from phones that pass the password and Id at the right time.

But the library that I am using (Fusion SIP) does not allow that. You must wait for the RegAuthChallenge event to register...has something to do with security I'm sure. And I am stuck with that library.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.