Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

why specify Email from (display name) on every template?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by the60, Apr 14, 2017.

1. the60

the60 New Member

For email templates, we have the option of specifying the "From (Display Name)" on every email template.

However, it'd be a big time saver if this could be entered only once, and applied to all pertinent email templates, with the option to override a specific template if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

... thats pretty much what it does now. It'll use the default reply-to in the email settings if you don't put anything in the template section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. the60

the60 New Member

I know that. Using a "display name" is more professional than an email address.

4. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

I agree that there could be a global variable in case you don't want to use reply-to address and also don't want to set them manually. I must say that I do like they can be different though; as someone who gets a lot of email already, being able to search by display name for certain notifications, is really helpful!