Why The Forward on Unregistered Phone don't work?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jose_chile, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jose_chile

Hi, i'm testing your software just with 3 extentions, Nº 100 , 101 and 102. the extention 100 allways call to 101, if 101 no answer or busy, the call is forward to 102 ( cause i programing that, and work fine ) , but if 100 call to 101 and 101 is no registered, i received a busy tone and no forward the call ( i programing forward all calls )....
    Why i receive a busy tone and no forward when the phone is unregistered???
    Please help me!!!
    or i will die!

Sorry , but my lenguaje is spanish, and never use english.

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Left side of Login / Admin page - Click Extensions > Manage > Extension Number under "Extension Column" > Fourth Bar "Destination Unreachable / Forwarding" > Four Tabs, Select "Phone Unregistered" - set option as you wish.

Excellent English for someone who does not use it. You would not want to try my Spanish :oops:

3. jose_chile

Hi again :)
    No problem for me talk in spanish and help you , everyday is a good day for learn.
    First, i can tell you what i have allready make it all what you say in your post. I try by 2 ways : first one, putting no answer, phone busy and phone unregistered with the option forward to extention , indicanting extention 102 for all... But don't work.
    Later i put the option "Forward all calls" ... But dont work again.
    I try calling from 100 to extention 1234567890 or other random Number, but allways the same "too too too too too " = Busy

>I change the PC , change from win Xp Sp1 to Win XP sp2, install the software 10 times... and change the mouse too ( hahahaha ) and allways the same.

Please help me, or i'm going insane

At Last:
    If you want talk in Spanish:go go go!!!!... dont worry if you talk like Tarzan, cause i think what i talk Like JANE. JAJAJAJAJA

Saludos desde Chile , al Sur del Mundo, Adios Amigo!

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I will need some additional info please:

1) These extensions - are they softphones? IP phones? Analog phones with ATA's?

2) Are extensions on same LAN as 3CX server?

3) Can you post logs from 3CX directly after dialing 100 > 101 and receiving busy signal?

I can think of several more questions but lets start with these.

5. jose_chile

Ok, i explain a lot more:

1.- i Have softphone like Xlite for Xp and 3cx Softphone. Too, i have a Analog Phone with ATA Grandstream HT496 and a new Chinesse ATA BVA8053 ( just US $ 30 in Chile ).

2.- i have 2 conection for Internet ( two ISP ) .
    Extention 100 is in one ISP , and Extention 101 and 102 is over the another ISP , And in same LAN net with the Server. But if i call from 100 to 102 directly or 100 to 101 directly there is no problem, and call go fine.
    3.- Now i'm at Home ( 00:30 AM ) and i cant send the log from the server. but i send it tomorow.

If you want i can change the topology and make a LAN conection for all, and test it from this way.

tell me what another change i must do, for left variables out. For Example... What's is better? make test with Softphone or ATA??

Thanks for your help.

6. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

I would really love to see your network topology. I didn't understand much from that description.

7. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I think I found what your problem is. Where is the PBX installed? On which computer?

May be related to the problem or not however MAKE SURE that the 3CX PHONESYSTEM is installed on a machine which has 1 network card and therefore 1 IP address assigned to it. You have 2 ISP's, therefore 2 PUBLIC IP's and hence 2 ip addresses. There may be a conflict - if not yet encountered in the future you will find problems for sure. Let us solve this first.

Your topology should be like this. :idea: Server with 3CX onit. connected to switch. Switch has all phones connected to it and any other computers with softphones on them. All have Internally assigned IP addresses from the switch / DHCP server on the server computer or router / onto ISP modem gateway all behind 1 Public IP address. What for is the second Public address? You are complicating things with it. why is extension 100 on 1 ISP and the others on another ISP when they are all on the same LAN? No wonder Costas is Confused - :) even I am 8)

As a helping hand Voip is very complicated - Many things can go wrong - Firewall issues, different Nat problems. Gateways, Voip providers, firmward updates, soft/hard phones and the list is endless. Dont complicate the list more by setting up a strange network. Keep your network as simple as possible. Reduce as many points of failure as possible. Remember - 1 machine = 13cx phonesystem on it = 1 IP ADDRESS. Sometimes even multiple VMware virtual ip addresses gave me conflicts in my testing. Good luck

8. jose_chile

I think same way of you! ( if something is more complicated, more easy to fail ) that why i still use DOS for some software what i developed.( spetially for little DataBase.)... And talking about this, some days before, in my office the electric energy go down. My server don't have UPS, and when restart the computer, 3cx Software Say "oops, the database is damage, and you lost your data" ( not in same words obvously)... And i must reinstall the software again. :( .. may be there is a way to make automatic backup ( cause my mind is always loose in a stupid Idea, and never backup my data ).
    Well, retourning at theme, i use 2 ISP cause i'm testing your software, but in diferent Nets, there is some problems like firewall, Nat , and other what you cant see it if you are in lan system. That's why i use 2 ISP . Just for test. But , how you say, i going to simplicated all things, and i do a little Lan network with 1 Isp , 1 cable Modem, 1 Router ( With DHCP ) , 1 swicht, the server with 3cx, ATA and softphone in the same LAN Net.
    I hope that work Fine.
    Finally, appear a Mail with the last post, it's yours??? can i send mail to you ???
    Thanks for all your help and patient.
    last question : DO you have a reseller in Chile?? i could be one?

9. jose_chile

i have some news.

Hi, i have some news.
    i make a new lan configuration with ATA and softphone, but the problem is the same.
    But there is something what i don't say before.
    if i have extention 100, 101 and 102, the foward work fine if i call to extention 102 and it's unregistered. but if i call to extention 103, what's never been configurated, i got busy tone.... That's my really problem.
    I'm trying to sell this system at a hospital, and some patients (oldmen normally ) cant see the numbers on the telephone and press another digits... Then this is the moment when the system fail.

First , i think configure the ATA for when pick up the phone call directly, but it's don't work cause the people need call to diferents extentions, then the unique solution is in case the patient call a wrong number , forward this call to the nursery room.

My client say me what he dont buy the system if i don't repair this condition, there is some way to fixed?

Please, i need a answer as soon as you can.
    Thanks

10. jose_chile

Please, i need your answer.
    My client is waiting.....

Can i Forward a call that was bad dialed, and this number dialed is not configured in the server???

Yes or no?

11. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am not aware of any way to do this in 3CX. Now that you have suggested it I can see some benefit to having incorrect / non-existent numbers forward to Receptionist but remember that for the general user a busy tone or any error tone is normally a reminder to recheck the number dialed. On a system with 4 digit extensions for example the quantity of unassigned numbers are large.

The only idea I have would be to tinker with the dial plan if using ATA's. You may get a better answer for some of the creative members of the Forum but it will take some time.

12. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

The whole world employs this methodology - INCORRECT NUMBER = Engaged Dial TONE - or prompt - this number is not available / does not exist.

No It wont fail - they will hear the Engaged Tone like they usually do and correct their number. Basically if a PBX is installed in a hospital I would assume that the majority of the phone calls will be made by the people running the hospital (nurses/doctors etc) not the patients... ...

This is a very particular feature - specific to this case. It might make sense but it is very particular and again our PBX does not support it.