• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Wi-Fi Cellular Handoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trever

Reaction score
Does 3CX support handoff from one internet connection to another? Such as if I start the call of Wi-Fi and leave is the call supposed to drop? I had a call externally going on Wi-Fi and when I left the Wi-Fi range the 3CX client dropped the call on my end but left if going on the other persons (internal) end.

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: iPhone
Generation: 7
Firmware Version: 10.2
Jailbreak: NO
Cydia Installed: NA

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: iPhone
Contacts: NA
Connection: Wii / LTE
Server: External

When you "move" from one data "method" to another (Wifi to 3/4G, or even Wifi to another Wifi signal), you will get a new IP, public or private. This means that registration will have to take place again to let 3CX know where you can now now 'located".

Since, in most cases, the "disconnect" was not done properly, no BYE SIP message was sent, meaning the other end may not be aware, for a period of time, that you have gone. While there are some Wifi and DECT handsets, that, along with a network of transmitters and a controller, that will do hand-offs properly, it is expected that while on a call, you won't be moving to the point of loosing the original data (Wifi) connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxFrank
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.