Wildcard SSL with yealink

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OCWI, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCWI

OCWI New Member

I have reached out to 3cx support and hit dead ends. Reached out to yealink as a reseller and hit dead ends. I would like to use my own fqdn and ssl so my stuff doesnt stop working if i dont renew their insanely priced maintenance for the thousands of PBX's we plan on deploying.

This is my problem (and what i sent to yealink)

Im am a reseller of your phones, we use 3cx. We cant get any SSL certs to work without disabling the use only trusted cert on your phone. With what our volume is, its impractical for us to have to do that.

We tried getting a wildcard cert from godaddy, uploaded it to our pbx and it didn’t work. We saw the list of the approved certs and saw geotrust on there, so we got a wildcard cert from no ip who claims they use geotrust, same thing didn’t work.

What are we doing wrong? Can we not use a wildcard cert? If we can, can you link me to where to buy the proper one?? If we cant get this working we are going to be forced to use a different solution.

contoured likes this.
  2. ccomley

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the phones to one that is "recommended" by 3CX - I had a problem with needing to disable "only accept trusted certificates" to get them to remote provision, but, once provisioned, if upgraded to the preferred firmware that function could be re-enabled. My assumption is if I had manually upgraded to teh indicated firmware release first, it would have worked normally.

3. OCWI

OCWI New Member

interesting theory, thanks for the kind reply. I have not, ive been trying this with .130 firmware. Let me try the latest and let you know

4. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Crap, didnt work. If you dont mind me asking where did you get your wildcard cert from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.