Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Will 3CX Debian work on OpenVZ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phoneguy123, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoneguy123

I would like to install 3CX Debian on OpenVZ virtualization . Will it work?

What about Digital Ocean KVM?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

3. phoneguy123

OpenVZ is not listed there which is why I am asking the question. Digital Ocean is not listed either.

4. andreasc

andreasc Guest

smario likes this.
  5. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

@phoneguy123

Probably not due to a kernel issue. I actually just purchased new VM to use for 3CX and ran into this issue.

Minimal Linux kernel version 3.x is required. Please upgrade your kernel and launch /usr/sbin/3CXWizard again
    root@cobaltit:~# uname -a
    Linux cobaltit 2.6.32-042stab120.16 #1 SMP Tue Dec 13 20:58:28 MSK 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

When I asked the provider about upgrading the kernel I received this response:

We are using OpenVZ, which provides us which massive performance gains along with extreme flexibility (live upgrades, etc). This technology uses a thin virtualization layer (instead of a full virtualization layer), which means your server is using the kernel of the host. That means it can't be upgraded, unfortunately.

So whether they are using an old platform or not, I don't know, but maybe someone using an OpenVZ with at least a 3.x kernel may work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. soamz

Oh I have the same issue.
    Does that mean, we can install it on open VZ VPS ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.