Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Will the IVR and VAD meet my needs?

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by ph_power, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ph_power

Hello to all:

I have a project that I have started using the VAD to build. I have proven the basic concepts of my call flow. However before I get much further into the project, I would like to know if there are any limitations in the IVR that will not meet the needs of my project.

My main concern is that the IVR will not be able to handle the call volume and still successfully perform database lookups and decisions. I would like to handle up to 300 simultaneous calls.

Basic concept:(which I have proven using 3 simultaneous calls)
    -Take incoming calls and play a message based on a database field.

-Use caller ID to match the customer to an account. (Account Exists or does not match)Play a message to let them know that their account has been located.
    -If account is not located bay caller ID, allow them to enter the 10 digit number associated with their account.
    -Transfer to queue 1

-Check the customer account for status of the account. (Active or Inactive)
    -Play a message letting the customer know their account status.
    -Transfer to queue 2 (Inactive) or 3 (Active)

In all of this - I would like to set up priority queuing for agent groups using 3 priorities: (I have not figured out a way to prioritize the queues.)
    1. Account Not Located
    2. Account Located and Not Active
    3. Account Located and Active

Any help or insight into this project would be greatly appreciated!

-Eric

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

Well, 300 simultaneous calls are a lot to any phone system. And each call executing VXML scripts are not the most performant option. Maybe you will need more than 1 server...

About queue priority, a possible solution could be assign more agents to most important queues, and less agents to the others. For example, if you have 100 agents, you could assign 50 to the most important queue, 30 to the next and 20 to the final one.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.