• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Win 7 pro 64 bit / HTTPS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
I am moving my install to a 64 bit windows 7 system.
I see there is an option for https when installing 3cx.
Does this move my management port to something besides 5000?
What else is affected?
What do I need to be aware of?

Re: Win 7 pro 64 bit

I know it creates an HTTPS instance on 5001 but I don't remember if it left 5000 available.

Re: Win 7 pro 64 bit

Thanks...
Migration is complete. Seems that 5000 works on HTTP and 5001 on HTTPS. Also, the phone configs are still getting the HTTP for settings.

I'm thinking restoring from backup (32 bit non HTTPS) overwrote the provisioning URL's in the Phone Provisioning tab.

Should I just live with it - or should I fix this and use HTTPS ?

If so, how would I fix it?

May I ask why would you be concerned about the provisioning via HTTP vs. HTTPS. The main reason for HTTPS is for the ability to manage the server remotely using encryption, not for the inner-works of the system (provisioning etc). Internally I would still use HTTP

I figured it was there for a reason... we do have an XML Phonebook that gets used on some remote handsets... that might be the only thing... and maybe their registration files.
Should I not be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.