• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Win Client - Incoming call triggers OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashpoint

Reaction score
An incoming call onto the Windows 3cx client causes the login page for Outlook 365 to open on the desktop.

If left on the desktop, subsequent incoming calls will cause additional copies of the Outlook365 login screen to show up. I've seen as many as six copies of the login screen on my desktop after being absent from my desk.

How do I prevent this happening?

Hello there,

If you go to your client and click settings >> Advance settings >> Behavior is the option Launch application on incoming call selected?

Thank you for the very prompt response to my question.

On the page you directed me to, I have two options. The top option is labelled "focus" enabling this will bring the application to the front and pressing Enter key will automatically answer call. This was selected, but I tried unselected.

The bottom option relates to "external application" launch application on incoming call and path to executable. This was unselected and I have tried selected.

The problem remains with any combination of the two options being selected/unselected. An incoming call will still generate a launch of the Outlook Web Access login screen

The issue remains unresolved.

Best regards from Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Michael.

Do you have 3cx plugins installed for integration with outlook or CRM?

What 3CX PBX version are you currently on and what version is your 3CX windows client?

Have you tried re-provisioning your windows client with a new welcome email?

Is this behavior present on other clients in your network?

Thank you again for your interest in my small problem.

My Windows Client is V15 and my 3CX installation is V14. The problem existed before I upgraded the Windows client.

I am enrolled in tomorrow night's session on installing the new version V15 so I'm going to install the new version and then see if the outlook web access window is still a problem.

Let me come back to you in about 10 days.

Best regards,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.