Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows 2008 Web Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lneblett, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Have a need to supply 3CX 32 call system with call center functionality into an environment that requires a high up-time (water district) where it is expected that a high demand will be in place for MyPhone and highly likely exceeding the iis connection limitations supported by less than server based OS systems.

Given the single, dedicated application running, I am looking for the most cost effective solution. I have not been able to find out anything about Windows 2012 Essentials and concurrent iis connections (I can only get opinions and nothing documented), so rather than waste time and energy hunting down the elusive, I thought it best to ask and get other opinions. Web Server seemed a good choice, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

2. snowsam

We are running with a 32 w/call center license on 2008 Webserver edition, running on vmware esxi free as a VM.

No issues beside the fact that you might not be able to get a license for 2008 web server any more. It was discontinued, but not directly replaced when 2012 came out. Existing licenses with SA get a 2012 license as a replacement.

3. lneblett

Thanks, you are correct, one can no longer obtain the product. I just hate the idea of having to buy a STD server edition for a single dedicated app whose only real need is IIS in a qty larger than the desktop OS will support. I want to go with essentials 2012 but no one from MS will confirm just how many concurrent IIS connections it will support.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Go this route

http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?1167851_g10e

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Not sure I could trust them - they can't spell "Proudcts" :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lneblett

Charles - Thanks, I do have an application for this one as I do use Lenovo servers. In the case I am currently fighting, it is a Supermicro server and I have been told that the Foundation series of products are specific to a given manufacturer checked by bios. Is this not true?

BTW, I have had the question about concurrent IIS connection relative to 2012 Essentials posted on the official MS IIS forum for a couple of days now and still no answer.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It does not check the bios and the OEM requirement is that it be sold with HARDWARE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.