Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows 3CX Phone Not Ringing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DamianCorr, Apr 26, 2017.

?

Do you like my 1st post?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Whatever

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamianCorr

Hi,

I joined the forums with a view to post an issue to seek help but have since fixed it since i started to write this post so i decided i would still post to share what i had found.

If we close and run 3CX phone from any script, either powershell or VB, 3CX phone doesn't ring on inbound calls. The client shows the inbound call and you can answer it etc but you can't hear the actual ringing tone. If you manually close 3CX and open it from the windows start menu then the ringing tone works again, but again, if you close and open from script, it stops again. This happens on Windows 7 and Windows 10 clients.

Here is an example of the script im running which causes the issue:

Get-Process 3CXWin8Phone | Stop-Process
    Start-Process -FilePath "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe"

This issue was related to the working directory not being specified. So if i modified the script to this it works!

Get-Process 3CXWin8Phone | Stop-Process
    set-location "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp"
    & "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe"

This isn't actually what we did in our production script it was more like this:

start "" /D "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\" "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Configure3CXPhone.3cxconfig"

where the /D "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\" is specifying the working directory but it was the result of this work that led us to the final solution.

Hope this helps someone!
    Damian

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Great first post DammianCorr, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing

DamianCorr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.