Windows 6.1 mobile as extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Henk, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henk

Henk Member

I just got my Samsung Omnia.... it has windows 6.1 mobile, and wifi. Now it is getting interesting.

Out of the box windows has VOIP, I configured the SIP and what do you know, my mobile becomes an extension on the 3CX. Why is this handy?

Having WiFi on, the moment I get in range, it logs onto the SIP server. The moment I get out of range it drops out of range (de registers).

So one device doing it all, when i am in range the phone acts as a normal desk phone. I can use the mobile phone, phone capability and dial extensions eg 200 etc to make calls etc.

Those who know, understand how "sexy" this is LOL.

By using WiFi registration I can use 3CX to control location aware. When in range route to mobile, when out of range route to deskphone extension (in case I turn the mobile off).

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ctsxiyou

IPhone with VOIP can also use 3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonners59

Jonners59 New Member

Yup and with FMI you can hand calls off to the public network if you go out of range of your WiFi so not loose the call and when on the public and you go the other way, hand it back on to the LAN... Not new, but is very sexy.

4. ciscotech2007

You can also use FRING and other smart phone VoIP SIP applications on Dell Axiom PDAs and HP PDAs.

5. worksighted

worksighted New Member

We have done this with Nokias in Europe with 3CX for a commercial VoIP provider. Works well.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.