Windows 7 - Inbound calls cannot hear us

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zero2, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero2

I've got 3cx running on Windows XP. Its been working for over 6 months with no issues and we're using Yealink phones, soft phones and Android phones.

We decided to move the server to Windows7 so we created a new computer, installed 3cx and exported/imported our 3cx settings over to it. We gave it exactly the same IP settings as the old server.

The only thing different was that on the XP machine, we could disable the Windows Firewall and it all still worked. When we attempted this on Win7, nothing worked. When we installed 3cx, the installer created some default firewall rules which we've added new rules to allow the appropriate traffic through (we've emulated our hardware firewall open ports in bound and allowed all traffic outbound).

We've run the firewall checker and had 100% success in the results.

There are not errors in the server event log.

**Problem**
    When someone calls us from external, we can hear them, but they can't hear us.
    When we call an internal extension, we can hear each other (so the internal network is working).

I've done a lot of research on forums and everyone keeps talking about ports and firewalls. My issue is, I've opened up more ports on the Windows7 server than I have on the hardware firewall and still no better.

I started to doubt myself so I fired up another Win7 machine in VMWare and it got exactly the same issue.

Has anyone got any ideas on this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have WIN 7 running on VMWare and no issues.
    Just installed it a little over a week ago. However the difference is that I am using PSTN with FXO gateway in this instance. I can however, make and receive calls using the 3CX iPhone app (using iPad) over Wi-fi from my house without the use of a tunnel. Works flawlessly.

VMWare 8.6 and all firewall rules set to the domain level.

Dual NICs installed perhaps and bindings not set correctly? Just guessing. You might browse through the custom settings and ensure that all the IP addresses are correct and then check the network for Stun settings.

The only real difference I see at the moment is that mine was a new install (v10, 16 call edition) from scratch and yours was a restore. You might try a mini install from scratch to see if this may point you in a direction.

Maybe a restore doesn't play as well when the target environment is this different (XP to VM WIn 7).

3. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Do you have a sound card in the new system?

4. lneblett

No sir, no sound card.

5. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

that might be the problem, I would add the drives in it at least. Do a quick search on the forum and you will see alot of problems with that.

6. lneblett

Whoops, sorry as I may have answered the question about sound cards, when I did not realize that the question was likely aimed to Zero2, the initiator to the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.