• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WIndows 8.1 and V12

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywardi

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an odd problem. Been using 3cx for the last 3ish years (V9,V10 & V11) and everything has been working faultlessly. As at of the upgrade to my systems, I run a a sandbox system to test upgrades. Sandbox currently runs Win 8.1. Unsurprisingly I then installed V12 into this environment, migrated my live settings from V11, made sure windows firewall was switched off etc etc etc.

However, when I put the system into testing, everything registers correctly (provider, extensions etc), but I get NO SOUND when using the phones.

Given that I have V11 working without problems, I'm kind of ruling out a firewall issue, so has anyone else come across this?

Thanks in advance
Iain

Just a quick update.

Installed SP3 last night - didn't fix the no sound issue so I had a deeper look starting with the firewall checker.

It failed because it said it couldn't reach the stun server. Checking the stun settings the check box 'turn off stun requests' was checked. Unchecking this entry fixed the problem.

Obviously not sure if this would have fixed it in SP2 and not going back to find out now.

Therefore I can say V12 SP3 and Win 8.1 does work (for my needs anyway).
Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.