Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows 8.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cjtrevor, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjtrevor

Hi

Can you please confirm if v12 SP3 is tested as compatible with windows 8.1?

I can see windows 8 in the system requirements in the manual, but 8.1 is not mentioned.

Thank you
    Chris

2. cjtrevor

Is anyone from 3cx able to answer this please?
    Thanks

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you running 8.1 or holding off until you have confirmed that it works? I would try it but I pulled the HD from my latest laptop that came with 8.0 and put in a SSD running Win7 (which I prefer). At some point, when time allows, i may clone the 8.0 drive, poop it back in and download 8.1 to see what all the fuss is about. At that time I will test out the 3CX PBX. But, it may be a while.

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Works fine on our workstations.

The PBX worked fine on another for testing. Was nice to see the IIS option come back.. probably a shortcoming in the "Windows version check" function in the installer.. which usually only avails Abyss (ew..).

5. cjtrevor

Hi

I'm running the 3cx server on Windows 8.

The intention is to put the 8.1 update on it to benefit from any security improvements etc, but I didn't want to do so until I could confirm that 8.1 is officially supported. (didn't want to risk bringing down our phone system just incase any problem!)

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.