• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows App on a workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinchamplin

Reaction score
What i'm needing to do is write up a simple windows form that displays a caller id. It'll do much more but lets start there. I've seen a few different methods for accessing the 3CX data.

Is there a true restful api that I can connect to within visual studio and then write my api calls to do whatever needs to be done?

The end goal here is to have the app run on a workstation and not on the host. Is that doable within 3CX?

Hello @kevinchamplin,

Do you want to show the caller id for a call arriving to a specific extension? You can use the 3CXPhone API from the client machine for that:
https://www.3cx.com/call-center/crm-integration/

The Call Control API has much more functionality, but only works from the server:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-control-api/

There are no other APIs available. If you need to use the Call Control API from a client machine, you can create a wrapper running on the server, and give a REST interface to another program running on the client.

Kind regards.

Yes, i'd like to show the caller id for a call arriving on a specific extension. If I use the 3CXPhone API then I can access everything remotely? What typs of authentication is needed? I'm looking at the documentation now but haven't found that part just yet.

You will be able to do the things that this particular API lets you do, which are not much. Basically receiving inbound calls notifications and make outbound calls.

No authentication is required. You just put your DLL in the 3CXPhone app folder, edit the XML configuration file, and you're ready to go. Please read the documentation and let us know in case of having any questions.

If I'm using the Call Trigger CMD Plugin as an example. What xml file needs edited?

The configuration file is 3CXPhone.user.config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.