• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows Client bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosath

Free User
Reaction score
Every update of the windows client app is worse than the previous version...

1. Two search boxes on the Presence Information screen? Really?
2. Chat history screen search box searches on presence information and no on chat history!!! Or it should have a second search box, too???

Most propably, there is a main search box for calls only where you cannot right click on the result anyway and a second search box on presence screen where you can right click!

3. White theme is not full white. Top and bottom bars are black!
4. Chat screen delays to be enabled at first start...
5. The BFL side panel should be able to expand instead of searching between the 4-5 screens! (yeah, there is the switchboard but it's an extra window!)
6. The main window is taller but not adjustable!

Hello @kosath

Please note that:
1. There is only 1 search box (the on that says Enter text to search) the other is the dialer bar. You can actually dial a number from there (from your keyboard) without having to expand the dialer with your mouse.
2. There is no search box in the chat history screen, it's the dialer box giving you the ability to dial a number from there.
3. you are right about that but it makes the buttons more visible and easier to find.
4. How much delay are you experiencing?
5. 2017-02-28_17h56_06.png you mean expand like the this?
6. That i am afraid cannot be adjusted, You can however recommend it as a feature request in the ideas section of the forum so it can be implemented.

Hello Yiannis,

1. In the previous version, you could right click on the results of searched text in the dialer bar.
2. I know that there is no search box in chat history. Previous version had one and it was very useful.
3. ...but it's not aesthetically correct!
4. at least 20 seconds (windows server 2008 r2, 8GB ram, xeon processors, gigabit lan). Also, sometimes we have to restart the client in order to receive or send chat messages.
5. This shows only one list with 36 BFLs. We have about 100 extentions and you have to "scroll" with the right or left button. It could show more lists!

7. When a colleague has not started his pc and the client is not running, the chat icon on the left of his name at the chat windows is green. At the previous version it was (correctly) grey!

8. Client some times disconnect without reconnection.
9. Client does not reconnect when you go from lan to wifi and back!

Previous versions worked very good - why did you messed it so much with v15? (don't propose me to go back to v14 - it's 100pcs)

i have no issues at all with v15.
The bugs reported here #8 and #9 have not been an issue with.

@kosath,

If you have the ability to open a ticket to our support portal either directly or through a 3CX partner please do so as the issues you are having do appear to be normal.

10. On a new (clean) installation of the v15 client, I select CTI (deskphone) mode. When computer restarts or exit and open the client again it return to softphone!

this is normal, just go to the management console, edit extension / Phone provisioning Tab / select 3CX client from the drop down menu and scroll down to Preferences and select IP phone

Reactions: kosath
Thank you for the prompt reply but I don't have support contract - only software upgrades.

this is normal, just go to the management console, edit extension / Phone provisioning Tab / select 3CX client from the drop down menu and scroll down to Preferences and select IP phone
It works!

How about 7th, 8th and 9th bugs?

I have a new one!
11. When the user has a new voicemail, the voicemail button does not turn blue as the missed call one...

New week, new bug :p

12. When I have the client in softphone mode, it says that no microphone is connected and I will not be able to make calls. I can make calls despite the message. I have 3 microphones connected (usb, Bluetooth, onboard soundcard) and they appear in client's audio device list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.