Windows Client CTI not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stoba, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoba

If we try to initiate a call by the Windows client, there will be no reaction of the system. The only thing which happens is that call button will start to flash in red color. The phone is a snom320 (8.7.5.48) the client is at version 15.5.1694.0

On a different extension we have registrated 2 Phones, a snom 870 and a native sip phone, if we select the snom in the client nothing will happen, but as soon as we select the other sip phone, the snom will ring and
    everything works as expected. It looks like as there is a offset in the list.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I assume from your explanation that your AV on the PC will block the traffic from the APP to the phone as it is HTTP.

Hense, another reason why we made the new 3CX Web Client. This is SIP and server driven. Can you use this client instead of the 3CXPhone to place the call. It is also now the preferred way by 3CX to make CTI calls over the 3CXPhone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stoba

The Web Client is working with the snom, but the sip phone is not listed in the selection of the cti phones in the web client.
    Regarding the windows client i have disabled the AV, but the behavior is not changing. The make call on the snom is
    only working, if i select the second phone in the list of the windows client.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

stopping AVs is in 90% non effective. Also keep in mind your 3CXPhone will connect to the IP phone directly (Peer to peer) and the IP subnet must be routeable if not the same.

The webclient only deals with devices supporting uaCSTA and other then tested by 3CX will not be listed there... What device do you use which we dont show?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stoba

Both Phones are in the same subnet, so I think we have no Problem with the AV, because the snom is working if we select the second phone (type see below) of this extension (both are registered on the same extension). The Windows Client is showing me a selection of the cti phone at startup with both phones.

The device which is not showing up in the web client is a kirk wireless server 6000 with spectralink handsets.

Meanwhile we detected that our outlook clients also have a problem, the phone is ringing and
    showing "Make Call". After 1-2 seconds the phone hangs up by itself.

#5 stoba, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. it122

Ive had problems with the softphone on machines where there is no microphone device.. cti will work for 1 call, then misbehave.. restart the client and it will work for precisely 1 cti call.. then the client will misbehave again.

just check you arent hitting a similar issue.. was a real pain to realise what it was. (citrix xenapp desktop servers that i dont manage).

7. stoba

I installed a usb headset to test this, but still the same behaviour.

8. stoba

Now I have connected my tap between the windows machine (running cti) and the switch, what is showing me that there is a outgoing traffic from the pc to the 3cx server on port 5001. So I think we can eliminate AV and firewall as root cause of the problem.

9. stoba

If we register a sip account of our kirk Wireless Server 6000, the CTI will work. But we still have problems with the snom 320 phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.