• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

windows client does not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Zetekoff

Reaction score
Hi there...

I just downloaded the client this evening. I

I get a popup with the following error:

1: -536870890 2:
http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads.v150/VC23918/VC_2015u2_redist.exe

[OK]

then:

Installer Information

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed

[OK]

If I try and paste into my browser the above URL it brings me to the 3cx home page. Looks like it doesn't exist!

How can we fix this please?

Thanks leon

seems I already have the x64 newer version installed on Windows 10 so how do we progress?

thanks leon

Hello @Leon Zetekoff

I am confused as to if the client is now running or not. Can you please explain what the issue is so we can assist?

@YiannisH_3CX: No it stops installing as I said above. My PC does have the required redistributable already installed, a newer version, yet the installer attempts to force an install and doesnt check to see if it is already installed.

ALso, the redistributable URL it is attempting to download does not exist. If I paste it into the browser it takes me to the 3cx home page.

What needs to be done is have the installer check to see if the redistributable is already installed.

This is W10 x64 PC.

Leon

Have you restarted the PC in order for the Visual C++ to complete the instalaltion?
The client installer does check if the redistributables are installed.
do you have both 32 and 64 bits 2015 redistributables installed?

Hi there...

1. The installer does NOT install the redistributable since there is a newer version and then aborts and will not finish.
2. I have both 32 and 64 bit redistributables installed that are newer than what you are distributing.
3. Rebooting doesnt matter since nothing gets installed, but the PC has been rebooted but nothing got installed since your installer exited.

thanks leon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.