Windows client in or out of office

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by rvoosterhout, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvoosterhout

Hi everybody

Quick question. How does the windows client determine if i'm in or out of the office? Because I'm in the office now, but my client still uses the oud of office mode (FQDN instead of local IP).

Thanks!

Rick

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @rvoosterhout

If the client detects that is connected locally (same network with PBX or network with side-to-side with the PBX's network) it will use the local IP or else the FQDN.

In the windows client under the Account's settings there's a label named "My Location", what do you see as In Office and Out of Office?

3. rvoosterhout

My in office is 192.168.0.7,
    my out of office is: companyname.3cx.nl

My local ip is 192.168.0.113, so I am connected to the same network as my pbx.

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The In Office IP must be the same IP of the PBX. If the local IP of your PBX is 192.168.0.7 then it should connect.

Under the PBX's settings>>Network settings>Select Network Card Interface can you verify that you see this IP?

5. rvoosterhout

Yes, we do have 2 interface cards available to spread the traffic, but the main one is set to 192.168.0.7.

My Wifi is not connected btw. If i were to use the wifi, i'll get an IP address in the 192.168.1.X range. The other NIC on the 3cx is in that network.

#5 rvoosterhout, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.