• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows client not controlling deskphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Stephens

New User
Reaction score
We have a new 3CX setup here, and users are struggling to get used to it after a few days now. The receptionist I believe would benefit from using the Windows Client in receptionist mode, but not as a softphone. I want him to use the client to control his IP phone on his desk (which he also has a headset for). So far he has been using the web client, which works great, but the Windows Client does not. If he answers a call on the Client it does not answer the call on the deskphone/headset. The phone stops ringing and on the client it appears the call was answered, but no sound goes either direction.

The Windows Client is in Deskphone (CTI) mode

Is there any configurations we may have missed to make this work?

Hello @Matt Stephens

Please clarify the following so we are better able to help:
  • What version PBX and client are you running?
  • What IP phones are you using?
  • Is the server located on premise or remote?
  • Are the ip phones and clients is the same LAN?
If the user removes the headset from the phone is there audio? Also if you initiate a call from the client does it ring on the phone?

I think the issue is that the phones are not on the same LAN as the computers, and there is no connection between the two networks besides the 3CX Server. I provisioned a new phone on the computer LAN instead of the phone LAN, and it worked fine that way. I think we just have the network setup in an unusual way. There is no uplink between our Phone switch and our computer LAN switch. Only the 3CX server can communicate with both, via multiple NICs.

For CTI work the windows clients must be able to communicate directly with the phone. If there is no communication CTI will not work. You will need to adjust your network configuration to have this working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.