Windows Client Silent Install

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by 5StarCases, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5StarCases

Hi,

I am using MDT to image PC's / Laptops and install applications on them.

Is there any way to Silently install the 3CX Windows Client and the required Visual C++ 2010 / 2015?

I can get the Client to install silently by running msiexec /i 3CXPhoneforWindows15.msi /qn /quiet /norestart - which works, but i am then prompted to agree to the licence and click install for the C++ 2010 and 2015 installs.

I have tried installing C++ 2010 / 2015 as dependencies before the actual client install, but I am still prompted as above.

Is there a 'full' installer available that does eveything in one go that would resolve this?

2. dan_tx

Maybe you need to issue a restart after installing the C++ 2015 runtime ? It might be related to how MDT is installing the software. I say that because when we just do a regular bat/script to install the runtime and then the 3cx msi it completes successfully and silently.

You also might just install either the run times or 3cx as part of the base image instead of installing after the image.

3. 5StarCases

Would you mind sharing your script?

4. drewswiz

I manually downloaded Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

And here's the script working for us:

%SystemRoot%\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im 3CXWin8Phone.exe
    %SystemRoot%\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im 3CXClickToCall.exe
    %SystemRoot%\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im TcxPhoneUpdater.exe
    %SystemRoot%\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im CallTriggerCmd.exe

vc_redist.x86.exe /q /norestart

msiexec.exe /i "3CXPhoneforWindows15.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log

If I don't install the Visual C++ pre-requisite first, the Visual installer process hangs after 3CX and 3CX won't open (even after reboot).

jed, accentlogic and vizualpro like this.
  5. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

This script is good, and we have using a similar one, but it requires local administrator rights for the logged in user. We really need this to all be bundled into the MSI so it can be installed by policy without user admin rights.

If 3CX can add the redistributable Visual C++ DLLs to the 3CX application local folder, then the installer is not required. There may be reasons to not do it this way, but I'd like to have this option.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/ide/redistributing-visual-cpp-files

I may have to post in Ideas a request to create a second MSI that includes the vcredist dll and other required files.

thierryf34 and drewswiz like this.
  6. drewswiz

I use the above script/steps to push via PDQ Deploy on the machine, so the install user is an admin and isn't an issue for us. However, as you mentioned having the user install would certainly make things easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.