Windows Error when opening Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Brewsky, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewsky

I installed the 3CX Client and it ran ok the first time. It couldn't connect to my 3CX system so I fiddled with the port settings and now when I try to open the client, I get a 3CXVoipClient.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close error.. I tried to uninstall then reinstall, but same thing.

Can someone tell me where iun Registry does the client install it's program? I have a feeling that when uninstalling, the program doesn't delete all the registry entries and incorporates them back when the program is reinstalled..

Thanks for any help...

2. Brewsky

Re: Windows Error when opening Client - Fixed

- Restored registry to previous save point
    - Reinstalled Client and all is good

3. darrellchapman

Glad you got it fixed.

I haven't run RegMon during an installation so I can't 100% for sure, but I don't think the 3CX Client stores any data in the registry. All config settings are stored in a file named Phone.ini located in your Windows user profile \Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Client\ directory.

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rapid Repair

I am having the exact same problem, tried a reboot of course. Unfortunately I don't have a save point in my registry to restore. I made sure the un-install took all the files with it, so it must be a reg entry. I think it's failing due to a connection setting, even if I could find the key where it decides whether to reconnect when the client opens I could at least get it open to change the offending settings.

5. darrellchapman

Rapid Repair,

I did confirm that the VoIP client is accessing the registry but I don't think it stores any information (except installation information).

Can you run RegMon in capture mode to see if it is indeed a registry problem? RegMon is a free tool available from SysInternals (now Microsoft) available here: http: //www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/regmon.mspx. The results of this would greatly help the developers of 3CX/

You can capture everything trying to access your registry and save it to a log file when done. I've sent you a private message with my e-mail address. If you can save your RegMon capture to a log file e-mail it to me and I will analyze it to see where the problem is. Please don't post the log file here as it may contain some private information.

Let me know if you need help with any of this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.