• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WIndows Firewal.....Block or uinblock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnticesp

Reaction score
I have today installed a 3cx softphone on my PC (Windows Vista). However on my first call I got this message from the Windows Firewall (I have translated it from the Spanish). What do you advise I do with it please?

Windows Firewall blocked some characteristics of this program. Windows Firewall prevented this program accepting connections to other networks. If you unblock this program you will also unblock other public networks from connecting.

Do I keep the block I do I unblock?

Terry

I suppose it's up to you. If the 3CX phone won't function unless you unblock the firewall, and you don't want to unblock, then you don't get to use 3CX phone.
If you are concerned then you may want to investigate other, perhaps more flexible, firewall /anti virus solutions for your PC. You are using an operating system that has since been replaced and there might be a better solution.

Just as idea...
Have you tried to manualy add a firewall exception/rule to allow 3CXPhone.exe?

I actually always disable windows firewall, I always run 3cx on a standalone machine with AVG. If the machine gets hacked goes down etc... doesnt really matter as I always have a backup file and can simply restore on another machine. Is there any particular reason why you are hesitant to turn off the windows firewall?

Same here... I do all updates with they comeout tho... Windows and 3cx updates..

jpillow said:
I actually always disable windows firewall, I always run 3cx on a standalone machine with AVG. If the machine gets hacked goes down etc... doesnt really matter as I always have a backup file and can simply restore on another machine. Is there any particular reason why you are hesitant to turn off the windows firewall?

I have the server auto update once a week and simply use a log me in account to remote in and do all 3cx updates. I've had no hacking issues at all though I had a machine go out once and simply restored the back up config to a temp machine until the other was restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.