Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PegasusPrint, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PegasusPrint

I have been eagerly awaiting the windows 10 update for my phone so that I could install 3CX, which is advertised as 'the only IP client for windows mobile', to integrate with my existing 3CX setup.
    Here's the announcement from the 3CX website:

"Yes, we’ve done it again! After popular demand from our partners and end users we have developed a 3CXPhone client for Windows Smartphone. The 3CXPhone for Windows Phone can be used on Windows 10 devices only. Just like our existing 3CXPhone clients for iOS and Android the new Windows Phone client will allow you to take your office extension with you wherever you are! Increased mobility and productivity as well as reduced phone bills are some major advantages that Windows Phone users will now have the chance to experience."

I've installed it but am very disappointed to find that it loses registration as soon as the lockscreen comes on makeing it virtually useless for receiving calls.

I would like to point out that Zoiper & Linphone both work with the lockscreen activated although they have to be the active program. Even that is be acceptable although not ideal.
    Is there any improvent to the 3CX mobile client in the pipeline?

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi there

3CXPhone for Windows 10 Mobile is still in the beta stage. At the moment there is a limitation from Microsoft that restricts us from developing the Push notification feature that is available for iPhone and Android clients which allows the client to go into the background and still receive calls. At the moment we do not have any further information on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PegasusPrint

Charles,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Very disappointing that windows won't cooperate with this one.
    Still curious as to how Zoiper & Linphone manage to stay registered when screen lock comes on.
    Many thanks

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The previous versions of 3CX did this as well, stayed registered while open, but we found that the battery draining was so quick it was not a viable solution at all, so now all platforms rely on PUSH.

Once Microsoft gets PUSH sorted out for Windows 10 mobile, I have not doubt our developers will be all over it.

5. cimPBX

6. spoint

Hope this is the solution for Windows 10 Mobile and it will be implemented soon, customers are waiting for it.

7. pneumo

Push is (for us) not working yet on Windows 10 Mobile.
    Or am I missing something and are we on the wrong version?
    Kind regards,
    M

8. pneumo

Anyone who can shine some light?

9. sofocado

Any information regarding updating the App? Today the I received an update for my phone to update the OS.

10. pneumo

Still awaiting a reply...

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I am sure you have heard that Windows Phone market share is plummeting. So its unlikely we will ever make an update to this app. Never say never of course but thats the current status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. pneumo

Plummeting is a big word.
    And the reason of the current decline is largely due to developers not giving the support it needs.
    Chicken/egg situation.
    Sad to see 3CX being one of them.
    The very fact that you even address "Windows 10 Mobile" as "Windows Phone" shows the ignorance and lack of knowledge about the subject.
    Having to wait for over half a year to get even a reply is another thing...
    We are committed to Windows 10 Mobile as it is way easier to manage and track our mobile devices.
    The tools Microsoft is providing shouldn't make it THAT difficult to get it to work.

We'll have to look for another solution for our voip solution then...
    Windows 10 Mobile is here to stay.

13. sireus

The commitment of 3CX for Windows Mobile has always been disappointing.
    But hey : look at the bright side, the application is there. How much effort can it be to maintain and support it?

Microsoft is committed to Mobile and devices like the HP X3 are used by businesses.

So if the market share is the important factor, I trust that your commitment to Windows Mobile will soon rise when the market share goes up again.
    Also, the market for Universal Windows programs is huge, if numbers are important...

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

#14 leejor, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  15. TheDestinyGroup

Nick,

As a long term user of 3CX and Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile it's disappointing to hear "its unlikely we will ever make an update to this app".

We recently upgraded our 3CX Phone System from v14 to v15 and I've found that that I'm now longer able to update my Presence via the Windows 10 Mobile application.

Considering you've already have an Windows 10 Mobile app it would be nice to see that you at least continued to maintain it even if you didn't enhance the application as I'm sure there are other users you will continue to use Windows 10 Mobile.

If you can't see any value in allocating development effort to the Windows 10 Mobile version could you at least open source the code so that hopefully someone in the 3CX community will maintain the application.

Les

16. somertech

Just adding another voice of support for Windows 10 Mobile. I have no crystal ball, but I doubt that the OS is going away soon. Please reconsider your support strategy.

Thank You

17. Sopock

Sopock Member

I hope they will realize how universal app is important in order to support special features like modern standby?:confused:

Attached Files:

#17 Sopock, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  18. asp

asp

Please give us PUSH on Windows 10 Mobile

19. Sopock

Sopock Member

I hope that @Vali_3CX can confirm that only hope for mobile OS is this:
    Call to action: Modern Standby is supported on Windows 10 for desktop editions (Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education) and Windows 10 Mobile

#19 Sopock, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  20. kosath

You could make a UWP for Windows 10 desktop and mobile! Windows 10 desktop counts almost half billion installations...

How about a touch friendly app??? WOW!

#20 kosath, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.