• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows Phone 8/Windows RT/

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenMasta

Forum User
Reaction score
3cx phone works fine one windows 8 laptop but I'm left hanging on my RT tablet. Also since WP and RT share the same kernel it would sound reasonable that developing an app for these new platforms would be easier than it would have been for windows phone 7.

Especially on wp8 since there is now some support that allows voip apps to integrate into the dialer so when you send/receive calls it looks virtually the same as through your carrier. And so that also means the app doesn't have to stay running in the background like it would for ios and android, which saves battery.

I too am anxiously awaiting a wp8 app!!!

It is not surprising that the 3CX windows phone works on Win 8, given that 8 was designed to run pretty much everything (hopefully) that Windows 7 can handle, but, Win 8 RT is a different animal. It might look similar (which , of course, is the whole idea), but it would be similar to expecting the Windows Phone to run the 3CX phone program.

There will probably have to be a separate release to work on the RT platform, and one for the Windows phone too. The good folks at 3CX will have to let us know if that is in the works. It be all too new at this point, the dust might have to settle a bit.

leejor said:
It is not surprising that the 3CX windows phone works on Win 8, given that 8 was designed to run pretty much everything (hopefully) that Windows 7 can handle, but, Win 8 RT is a different animal. It might look similar (which , of course, is the whole idea), but it would be similar to expecting the Windows Phone to run the 3CX phone program.

There will probably have to be a separate release to work on the RT platform, and one for the Windows phone too. The good folks at 3CX will have to let us know if that is in the works. It be all too new at this point, the dust might have to settle a bit.

W8/WP8/WRT are really interesting set of platforms. At first glance, they are very different but at the same time quite similar...
Let's hope that they will be added to the portfolio of supported platforms for mobile clients.
Stay tuned :)

Staying very tuned!! If you guys make a wp8 app that works in the same fashion as skype (as it does in wp8 without having to run in background that is), that will be truly amazing.

Hello! Any news for WP8/RT/W8 application? Even a beta one?

Thank you...

Count me in too for a beta Its just a simple recompile from windows 8 ;)

Also waiting for WP8 application...
:(

Need a beta tester for WP8? I'm ready!

Please don't rush.
"critical mass" is not reached in this area yet :(

Thanks

The 3cx phone is a blast, will you be the first with a decent phone app for the windows phone (7/8) and windows 8 RT OS's, or will somebody else beat you to the finish?
keep up the good work!

WP8 Version would be very much appreciated!

any time scales on 3CX app for W8Phones

Leslie

The uptake (on PC's/tablets) for both Windows 8 and RT (combined) had reportedly reached only 2.6% for January. In fact, it appears that Win 8 is behind Vista sales over that same time period, according to a number of web sites.

Windows Phone OS , while expected to rise in the next few years, had between 3 and 3.6% of the market last year. They now have the new Blackberry OS 10 to compete with.

Window 8RT is a "restricted" platform and I would not expect anyone to be writing software for it. Windows 8 and Windows 8 pro are the OS's that will be used in business / home business environments. I just purchased a Surface Pro (full windows 8) and am looking forward to using a 3cx phone on it.

Windows RT is not any more restricted than Android and IOS. Certainly not as popular yet, but you're saying "restricted" as if you can't write the same kind of apps available on ios and android.

Hello,
Yes, our clients (an me too) want client for WP8 :)

3cx phone does work on the Surface Pro already no need to wait ;)

sammael1069 said:
rotfl :) nice try ;]

secnet said:
sammael1069 said:
rotfl :) nice try ;]
surface pro= intel I5, runs (x64) and (x86) programs.
surface rt=arm base architecture, does not run (x64-x86) programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.