Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows Server version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mark, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Did I read that this runs on Win Server Enterprise edition only. I use and sell Windows Small Business Server mostly and would like to know if it will run there. Thanks.

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Has far has i recall yes. It works on SBS.

Cheers

3. Mark

4. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

I've installed it on SBS. It works fine. Only problem is registering SIP providers. It seems to have something to do with multiple nic's / external ip / virtual vpn interface (routing and remote access).

If you have the same configuration I'm interested in your experiences.

5. blackflash76

I'm running 3CX on Windows Server 2003 standard edition. Works fine. On the server there is one NIC installed. I'm running Exchange 2003 and VPN also at this mashine. No problem untill yet.
    I've also teste 3CX on Vista Business. No problem to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. matthijsolislagers

Interesting. My problem seems to have someting to do with Routing and remote access. Are your VPN users in the same subnet as your LAN users?

The only difference is, as far as i can see, my server is multihomed.

7. blackflash76

All users and VPN Clients are in the same Subnet.
    Maybe you have configered to many default Gatways?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. lievenp

I have also the problem on SBS with two nics, one external and one internal IP. Sip providers are not registering (i'm using VOIP gateway).
    Doing the firewall test response:
    No response from STUN (timeout)
    stunAddr =64.69.76.23:3478

Ports 5060,3478, 7000-40015 and 9000-9005 are open on UDP both ways

The line Cannot register.

If i install 3CX on a machine onthe internal network (1 nic) the lines does register well.
    Making a call works fine but once connected there's NO VOICE coming trough (note:the firewall on that machineis turned off for test purposes)
    placing the machine on the DMZ between the firewall and the ISP's router (also the phones) all works fine even talking but i can't place the ip phones on the internal network
    Is there anything i forgot?

9. cviviani

i have the same problem on sbs with 2 nic.
    i have open the ports on ras section to the wan nic.
    with the 3cx voipphone i can register and make calls .
    but with 3cx pbx it will not register i get also a failure with firewall test on port 4200.
    do you find a solution ?

10. matthijsolislagers

3CX is working on the problem. For me there is a workaround. Maybe it also works for you.

After I set up a VPN connection from an outside location the lines do register.

Please confirm if this also works for you.

11. cviviani

I use the sbs at the same time as a router (nat).
    remotedesktop, http, 3cx console (my2cx.dyndns.org:5481) works fine from external.
    I can also run bittorrent with port for warding.
    with the Ras manger I define the port and the local ip 127.0.0.1 for port forwarding. maby the loopback address will be incorrectly interpreted by 3cx .
    With vpn has this probably nothing to do.

The reason why I sbd nat use is the best he has behaved with QOS.
    I work well with and epygi asterisk. I think 3cx very well in the operation and with a separate computer, it works out fine. The problem is only when the program on the sbs server is running.

12. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I use separate Windows XP Home machine. It is not best practice to put telephony on working server that may be rebooted or simply fail.

13. Spitz

Just to let you guys no that the 5.1v4128 is working with no problems on Windows Server 2008 RTM or Vista SP1 RTM and so far working on Windows XP SP3 RC2 as well

14. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    thanks for the post, its good to know that this windows versions (2008 & xp sp3) work properly

regards

15. seetarc

Does anyone have experience with Win SBS 2008 ? I seams to have unpredictable behaviour of the 3CX phone system. STUN not resolving. Can make calls sometimes and then not. I can recieve call soemtimes and then can't. Sometime i hear calls ringing and i pick but it keeps ringing on caller side.

All firewalls, Port forwarding has been done corectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.