windows softphone can't talk to server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanpliance, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanpliance

I upgraded my softphone to v15, after upgrading my pbx. finally got the certificate issue worked out, and restored a v14 backup file. everything came back up, my t48 phone registered, sip trunks, call routing, etc..
    my softphone threw an error after adding my account with the new provisioning file.

I have a windows 2012 R2 server as my 3cx host. it sits at 192.168.1.1, and my router is hard coded to send 24.35.245.106 to 192.168.1.1

my windows 10 workstation is 192.168.1.100
    the provisioning default settings were to use 192.168.1.1 as the in office server, and ps.sanpliance.net as the out of office.
    I tried different combinations, and my phone will not connect to the server. If I switch to softphone from CTI, it connects, but says it lacks some functionality. calls work properly though.
    may need to put in a support ticket if no one has any ideas.
    I know with v14, I had to go add a binding, but now with nginix this should just all work, which leads me to think there is a bug somewhere.

2. CubeICT_NZ

Check that the IP adddress of the PC the softclient is running on hasn't been blacklisted somehow

3. sanpliance

whitelisted in fact, so nope not the issue.

4. CubeICT_NZ

Also try checking your anti-virus, especially if it has web filtering. Whitelist the 3cx server.

This is a common issue on machines with ESET nod32.

You can also try using a text editor to open up the auto provisioning file sent with the welcome email - see if any of the IP or port settings look wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.