Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows softphone CTI mode for mobile-client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by B.Fluehmann, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.Fluehmann

Hi
    We are planning to replace our DECT phones on our legacy pbx by Smartphones with 3CX mobile-clients. This is working great so far.
    Our old DECT phones can be controlled by windows uc clients in CTI mode.
    My question is if there is a way to do the same thing with the 3CX windows phone. I.e. use it in some sort of CTI mode and use the mobile-client as phone instead of a legacy desktop sip phone.
    Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @B.Fluehmann

Actually you can do this, provision the 3cx mobile client with the same provisioning file as the windows client and set the client to CTI mode.
    Start a call and you should get the Make Call function on the mobile client. Of course the clients must be in the same network for this to work

3. B.Fluehmann

Hi Yiannis,
    Thank you very much for your fast reply.
    I have tested it and it is working great. One sitenote. It is working as well if the mobile phone is NOT on the same network as the pc/pbx, even over LTE/GSM!
    One thing I have noticed with the new config ist that on incomming calls there is no windows pop-up of the pc-client anymore. Just the mobile phone is ringing. Is this intended like that or is there a way to configure it as well?

Regards Bernhard

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is an option to bring the client in front when a call is coming in but that will bring the whole client in front. That option is located at settings/advanced settings/Behaviour.
    The little pop up comes up when you close the client (press x) but the client is still running in the taskbar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.