• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Windows softphone CTI mode for mobile-client

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Fluehmann

Customer
Reaction score
Hi
We are planning to replace our DECT phones on our legacy pbx by Smartphones with 3CX mobile-clients. This is working great so far.
Our old DECT phones can be controlled by windows uc clients in CTI mode.
My question is if there is a way to do the same thing with the 3CX windows phone. I.e. use it in some sort of CTI mode and use the mobile-client as phone instead of a legacy desktop sip phone.
Thanks

Hi @B.Fluehmann

Actually you can do this, provision the 3cx mobile client with the same provisioning file as the windows client and set the client to CTI mode.
Start a call and you should get the Make Call function on the mobile client. Of course the clients must be in the same network for this to work

Hi Yiannis,
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
I have tested it and it is working great. One sitenote. It is working as well if the mobile phone is NOT on the same network as the pc/pbx, even over LTE/GSM!
One thing I have noticed with the new config ist that on incomming calls there is no windows pop-up of the pc-client anymore. Just the mobile phone is ringing. Is this intended like that or is there a way to configure it as well?

Regards Bernhard

There is an option to bring the client in front when a call is coming in but that will bring the whole client in front. That option is located at settings/advanced settings/Behaviour.
The little pop up comes up when you close the client (press x) but the client is still running in the taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.