• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Windows softphone - MSI not latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis Burgess

Reaction score
Hi,

We like to deploy the 3CX Soft Phone using the installation MSI via group policy. This ensures a smooth experience for end users, rather than them having to update the client themselves. We will shortly have the soft phone deployed to 650 PCs. It'll be instantly out of date and require staff to proactively update the client. This is pretty poor.

I have downloaded the latest from the website and also looked in the 'MyPhone' folder on the server, however it's not the most up to date version. It seems the 3CXPhoneWindowsUpdate.zip contains the most recent components which are being used to patch the installed version.

This isn't much use and can't (easily) be deployed. Certainly not going to spend lots of time packaging it up as it'll change frequently.

Please can we have any and ALL client releases built as an MSI rather than just patched/rolled up in this fashion.

If I'm missing something, I'd be grateful for a pointer to the latest MSI if the above isn't the case.

Thanks.

Hi,

Indeed. That is what I've been downloading.

However, it is not the most recent version! When installing, launching and connecting to 3CX clients are asked to update the software.

If I try to run that MSI on top of a currently up to date client 'A newer version is already installed'.

However, it is not the most recent version! When installing, launching and connecting to 3CX clients are asked to update the software.
Lewis - try turning your web proxy off and flushing your internet cache? ;-)

Reactions: Vali_3CX
That doesn't help. The download version is not the latest!

My client shows 15.5.65073.6.

The MSI installs 15.5.6989.2.

I agree with Kniggit, it might be a cache problem - yesterday I've updated my Windows client in exactly the same way, and the version is (again as Kniggit said) 15.5.6989.2

Turns out I had a beta version installed on my client and test client. Looks like the version numbering changing from 5 to 4 digits has confused the installer. GRRR!

Reactions: Vali_3CX
Yeah, I've observed it too (a bit late, though) Tomorrow I will notify my teammates in charge.
Thanks both of you for spotting it.

Last edited:
Thanks @LeonidasG . Do we know what happened to the version numbering, and will it stay sequential now? (release should always have higher version than beta).

Hello @Silly English Kniggit @Lewis Burgess ,

• The problem with version numbering only appeared on Alpha version dude to the migration from version 15 to version 15.5.

• Alpha version should not be install on a production system because as you might know Alpha releases are only for feedback and testing purposes .
  • If you would like to upgrade from Alpha version to Production you should take a backup, uninstall the Alpha version and install the Production version.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.