Windows Updates Best Practice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by livewire1981, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livewire1981

Hello all,

I am a noob to the world of PBX management, but I have a question that is hopefully simple. The server that houses 3CX for us needs to have Windows Updates applied. Is there a specific process to follow when the server will need to reboot?

I assume I should go into the management console and stop the servers, perform the windows update, reboot if needed etc, and then restart the services.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't speak for anyone else but I do updates manually, when I want to, not when Microsoft does. That way I can have the machine re-boot when it is convenient for me.

3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I second that.
    I do NOT let windows install updates automatically.
    As for a proper process i don't think there is a need to stop 3CX service prior to the install.
    The services will automatically stop on the windows shutdown/restart if that is required for windows updates.
    There are not many windows updates that apply to 3CX so we do not typically see it necessary to be installing windows updates all the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.