Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Windows Web Server 2008

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Axelson, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelson

I need to host 3cx on a managed dedicated server. However, the vast majority that are in my price range (whilst it is in development for my client) all have Windows Web Server 2008 as the resident operating system.

Before I sign a 12 month contract, does anyone know for sure if 3cx V7 will run okay under this OS?

-axelson

2. mbaltus

I doubt there will be many problems with installing the software. If you look at the Edition comparison, the majority of the requirements of 3CX seem to be supported. There are two problems that may exist:
    - Desktop experience is most likely not supported, this means no MP3 support thus a lot of the audio-files will be a problem
    - I'm not sure if you are allowed to use it as a VOIP server. The Web edition is solely meant for web serving and not for other applications. This is something you probably need to sort out.

But in the end, to be sure if it technically works, I strongly suggest you try the free version for a proof of concept.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Axelson

Just to let others know, it all installed okay and, as it has a public IP address with no NAT issues, the Firewall check passed with flying colours...

only get speach in one direction though. Nothing on the voip phone (physical or software). Even with the firewall turned off!

I will look this up in other forums. I guess there will be loads on firewall configuration!!

4. mbaltus

Are the two phones you are using on the same subnet?
    Can you try to set the option "PBX delivers Audio" for the extensions, then the calls are routed through the 3CX media server instead of directly.

Furthermore I must stress again that I strongly doubt that using Windows 2008 Web Server for 3CX is allowed according to Microsoft licensing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.