Windows XP, 3CX Version 10, Call stuttering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DexDeadly, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexDeadly

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a 3CX phone server for my boss. I have set one up before and had no issues with it. I ran it on a Windows 2008 machine. Anyway, he gave me a Windows XP Professional SP3 box. Has 4GB of RAM and a P4 chip in it. System should run perfectly fine I believe. However I set it up and everytime you call into it and the digital receptionist picks up the play back is stuttering really bad. I have made sure there is no sort of power management systems in place to cause an issue with the hard drive and reading. I have run speed test and the machine is getting 20mb up and 20mb down. I am currently trying to get my server back online to test and make sureits not my connection. Its currently needing a new hard drive and I have not yet gotten to do it. Any other suggestions of what this issue could be. i have not found much on this subject. If you call the number 2672914046 you will see what I mean.

Thank You!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

dial the dr extension internally (800,801 or whatever it is) and see if the stuttering continues. if not, look at the network to include the firewall settings. if it continues, look at internal network loading and hdd, especially if ssd

3. DexDeadly

I have it connected directly to my router and put it in the DMZ to take out any variables of it being the firewall.

4. DexDeadly

I now know that it is not my internet. I have installed the 3CX server on another box in the house and it works fine, no call issues or anything. I think the XP is going to be formatted and Win 7 placed on the machine.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I've experienced the issue once before and it was due to the OS on the server, I'd wipe the OS and reinstall on the xp box or use a different machine. XP sp3 with v10 should is more than sufficient for what it is you are trying to do, I've about 15 small businesses using the same setup

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.