Windows XP and Apache

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PowrrrPlay, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowrrrPlay

Hello

I already have a Windows XP server set up with Apache in a production enviornment. It is a quad xeon server with plenty of CPU horse power to add the 3CX SIP server. I have read the installation manual.

I am worried that if I install 3CX it will damage my current copy of Apache 2.x.x. I understand that once I get 3CX installed I can set up the 3CX as a virtual host, I just do not want to go through the 3CX install portion that includes the apache server install.

Help/suggestions?

2. simones181170

in my server i've sugar crm with apache web server and i've installed 3cx and i've no problem

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

FIRST AT ALL NOBUDDY CAN GIVE YOU A WARANTY WHAT WILL HAPPEN

but perhaps you solve this with a backup or you can clone the server and try it on the clone ?

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. silentfun

silentfun Member

i suggest for getting info from a offical you have to edit the Subject

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. simones181170

after bed experience with software

i've made a test server where i can try all the new

6. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Why don't you consider virtualising the server? At the cost of an O/S license it'd stop you worrying about this sort of thing.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with Pentagle -

Why don't you set up a VM and keep it for 3CX only? That way you can leave the production setup untouched.

Alternatively you can also install 3CX on the production machine you have - 3CX's Apache is not installed in the common Apache folder location. So you will not have any trouble with your current Apache service you already have running.

rgds

8. PowrrrPlay

nickybrg;

I have confirmed your remarks and now have the free edition installed and operating with all green lights on a private LAN. The 3CX documentation is weak on the operational set up. Now that 3CX is installed I can review the set up and test some internal lines. Can close this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.