Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wireless Conference Phone with Battery?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nobody, Nov 15, 2018.

1. nobody

nobody New Member

There is the conftel 300Wx, which promises all.
    Snom sells conftel in Germany under the name Snom Meeting point. However, this is not the phone with sip+wifi+battery.
    If I buy a conftel 300Wx, will that work with 3cx? Or, is there any other option which is supported which will run on battery and connect using WiFi?

Thanks in Advance.

2. nobody

nobody New Member

Thanks.
    Hower all these articles are rather dated. I doubt If I buy one of these that this will work flawless.
    A CP960 will work fine, but, it needs a power supply. My customer wants a cable free desk.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Any SIP standards compliant device will work with 3CX. Unsupported devices will just require manual configuration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's a nice idea, and for short periods where power is unavailable, perhaps the only option, but, in the long term, someone is going to have to remember to charge it. With the low cost of USB (5 volt) power packs, just about any phone that uses that voltage (and is wifi capable) can be made "cordless". It doesn't always mean that you'll want to.The majority of conference rooms that I've dealt with come with a table equipped with a centre access for power, Ethernet and HDMI connections. If they insist, then you have top lay out available options, it's just that they may not make for any easy installation.

#5 leejor, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. nobody

nobody New Member

I personally recommend to use an ethernet cable + PoE, but well.. I tried.
    Using a powerpack is IMO also not a good solution, because people will forget to charge it.

Thanks for all replies.

6. cobaltit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Marari

Marari New Member

I quite like my Konftel "Ego". It can be connected via bluetooth to a SIP phone that has that capability, or can be connected via USB to a computer and used as a speaker/mic for a conference.

Mine is attached via BT to my Yealink T58V and is also connected via USB to my PC. I can use it in either mode when needed.

Also, pricewise, it doesn't break the bank.

8. nobody

nobody New Member

Wow, Great,
    on the first sight, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

9. cobaltit

No problem. I'll have one here next week so I'll let you know how it turns out. The Yealink conference phones are our go-to unless it's a customer that has to have Polycom.

10. cobaltit

Just got my phone today and it is definitely a sexy phone for sure. Letting it charge overnight and I'll see about registering it tomorrow.

11. nobody

nobody New Member

It uses the same OS as the Yealink DECT phones - correct?

12. cobaltit

Same base station as the new DECT phones so yes.