Wireless dect Headsets

Discussion in 'Windows' started by blang008, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blang008

Looking for a wireless dect headset option that will work with the 3cx windows softphone and allow users to answer calls from the headset. Is there a model available that works. 3cx support says none are supported?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some of the DECT headsets I've seen, are designed to plug into the handset socket of a desk phone, so a model that plugs into the headset and Mic connectors of a PC, is going to narrow down the short-list. Add to that a requirement that it must allow the headset to answer the call, well, that's going to be tough, as there would have to be more than just the audio connections to accomplish that. Unlike Bluetooth, there is no "default" data connection to signal on/off-hook.

You might want to mention in which part of the world you are located as the frequencies for DECT worldwide, vary by region. A product available in one country, may not be available in another.

3. blang008

Sorry, in the US. I knew it was a stretch. The customer has bluetooth but it's not reaching far enough! Why you need to walk around the entire office is beyond me!

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

While there may not be support, I am using a Jabra Pro 930 with Jabra Direct and I can both connect and disconnect using the V14 softphone. It is DECT and has great sound clarity and coverage.

It has worked for me for the past several years, but like all things not directly supported, I suppose that at some point it could become incompatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.