Wireless Headset and 3CXphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by advlaser, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. advlaser

We are considering just using the 3cx soft phone and are looking for wireless headset's that are compatible with it. The main problem is finding a headset that will pickup a call by pressing the answer button on the headset.

It appears that 3CX used to support the Jabra headsets with version 5, but no longer does. Has anybody found a solution to this problem or a headset that plays well with 3cxphone? Thanks!

Marvin Masson

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DJHiP

At this stage, as far as I'm aware, it appears 3CXPhone does not support any hot keys for answering the phone call.

They are still expanding the functionality of the new 3CXPhone Soft Phone so I'm sure they will add extra hotkey and pickup options soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi DJHiP and advlaser

3CXPhone for Windows now supports headsets as well with the Service Pack 3 release. More detailed info can be found here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-3/ .if you have any further questions or inquiries please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

4. DJHiP

It supports the Audio section of a Bluetooth Headset, not any of the function buttons on your headset.

(I'm running V12.SP3 12.0.33517.0 and can confirm the answer button on my headset does nothing still).

5. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi DJHiP and advlaser

there are two lines in the SP3 blog post about headsets:

Added support for headsets with answer button.
    Standard Bluetooth headsets are supported in Windows & Mac (i.e without the answer button function).

so yes SP3 does offer functionality for the function buttons on your headsets. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best Regards

6. ballymoney

Hi I have a Voyager Legend headset that will not answer the call via the headset button.

Have you any ideas. I am fully Service Packed (SP4) and have the Plantronics firmware all installed yet it refuses to answer via the headset answer button.

7. jmiller

I am also seeing this with v15. Should this work? I am new to 3CX and doing some testing with my headsets.

8. biffhuxtable

Same here, I'm testing the Voyager Legend and Voyager 5200, and answer call button doesn't work on either. Latest version of the 3CX softphone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.