• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Wireless Headset - SPA 3102 and DECT 6 Cordless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eihli

Reaction score
We need a wireless headset that will let someone transfer/park calls while away from their desk.

I was thinking the best route would be to go with a Cisco 3102 and a something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-CT12-Cordless-Headset-Caller/dp/B000098YD5

Will this work? Is there something I need to know about using dial codes through an ATA? Or, will transferring/parking calls with dial codes work exactly the same as a regular SIP phone?

Thanks,
Eric

Unless you need the functionality of a Gateway as well as an ATA, then the 3102 might be overkill (read higher price) for you. You might be better off with something like the 2102 (two ATA ports), or another make ATA. One big difference that you will find using an ATA as opposed to a SIP phone, is, using certain functions. Doing a blind transfer on the Linksys ATA requires a couple of steps, not just a flash, then dial code. It has it's own internal star code to initiate a blind transfer, then dialtone, then the 3CX transfer sequence. Other than that, most can just be accomplished using a flash plus 3CX code.

Someone else may pipe up about any other drawbacks that I haven't yet come across.

An ATA, used with a DECT set (with a headset?), for the most part , is the most economical way to go cordless. Have a look through the forums if you are considering a DECT SIP phone, as others have come across drawbacks with some models in using features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.