Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wireless Keyboards and F11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jemscott, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jemscott

Does anybody know how to get the F11 key to work on a wireless keyboard to use the dail feature from Outlook.

Thanks

Jereemy

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

I believe your specific keyboard is the problem, when a keyboard sends a wireless signal the OS understands it as a normal keypress, nothing special. It the same if it were to be plugged in, if it is understanding something else you might need to look into configuring your keyboard properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jemscott

HI Mark,

Thanks..I use Logitech both at home and in the office. NOe sure what configuraiton is needed as the system does allow me to prgramme the keys ..but with what ??

Thanks

Jerermy

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

I wouldnt know simply because im not using a logitech keyboard, you would have to refer to the manual of the device or similar.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jemscott

And they tell me that the software needs to tell me what commands it needs to receive to effect the dailing.......

Seems trange that no other user of the systme uses a wireless keyboard.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wireless or wired, a keyboard should behave the same, until, perhaps you install the CD (or downloads) associated with that particular model keyboard. Many, if not all, modern multi-purpose keyboards come with, or you can download, an application that enables additional functions, such as multimedia controls, instant access to email and browser, etc. You might want to see if there is a Logitech application running in the background on your PC. Ctrl + Alt + Del, Task Manager
    That application may have altered the F key functions on your machine.

7. jemscott

lee,

Thansk it does run software called Set Point. That does allocate certain funation to F1-F8 such as Help, Word, Excel etc but F9-F12 are unassigned to other functions. There are aslo MM keys that are assigned just the normal enhanced home, emial, calulater and volume.

I have limited techy but F11 on any keyboard must generate a signal/message to acttion any process, all I need is what doesn F11 need to geenrate to effect the £cx instruction. !

8. mfm

mfm Active Member

Again it is all relevant to the keyboard and software.

If i press f11 On the keyboard and the software associated with is is saying this does nothing, as you said unassigned the it passes nothing to be processed by the OS therefore the assistant detects nothing. Assigns F11 to F11 if that makes sense so that the function will take.

It basically all down to your keyboard. nothing that 3CX can control, plug in a simple keyboard and watch it work.

9. jemscott

I HAVE SOLVED IT !!!!

Simple ..just sene the Fmode button on the keyboard which toggles from standard and programmed F keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.