Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Wireless kit or homeplug for IP phone?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by h2009, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,
    I need to join up part of my office which have no ethernet cabling to my VOIP system, but im using wireless system over there.
    I've got two options :
    Homeplug kits - use the powerlines :http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=5326
    or Wireless kits : http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=350...
    Has anyone tried either of these out?
    What i would like to know is how is the call quailty on both, which am i best of buying?
    Ideally i'd like to go for wireless as its much much easier for me, but if the quality of the call is going to be affected greatly, am i better off with homeplug?
    Whats is likely to create echo more?
    Thanks.

I know this is been asked before, and i've had an answer but i'd like to make a new thread and see if anyone has had experience with both, or either so i can make my deicision.

If i go with the wireless kits i'll have to go with linksys phones,
    If i go with homeplugs i'll go for a mixture of linksys and snom phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

I'm useing the linksys wireless kit. Sound quality is good. I cannot notice the difference between cabled an wireless.

3. h2009

h2009 Member

I actually went with homeplug - business grade ones, and i have to say that they work great. I was amazed by them so easy to do. Plus the distance that they transmit is amazing.
    I also bought one wireless bridge from linksys but had problems so returned it.

To conclude buy power plugs, you wont go wrong with them!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Discovery Technology

Homeplug kit does work more reliably, just be wary of separate power circuits in the house/office.

I've also noticed that the X10 home automation stuff doesn't seem to affect the homeplug signal, nor vice-versa.

We have also run VoIP over wireless links and provided you don't get too much interference, it should work for you as well - check out the visiwave website for some great wireless site surveying software.

5. datu503

You may wish to try the Linksys WBP54G WiFi Bridge. They work perfectly wireless (except for the power adapter... of course.) :lol:

6. datu503

Not sure if this fits into the topic. but checkout SNOM M3.
    They are the best cordless DECT phone I have seen in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.