Solved Wireless Phone System for Home?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JST, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JST

JST New Member

Can somebody make some recommendations for a good wireless phone system that easily connects to 3CX and provides good audio? It should also include a speaker phone and we would like to have an option to use up to 4 devices in the future.

I have already looked at the Yealink W56P or, the older version, the Yealink W52P. Are those easy to connect? Do they support auto-provisioning?

What about a similar offering from SNOM?

Any recommendations? What models aren't recommended?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

2. Mark@EvoIT

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. JST

JST New Member

Thank you Mark!

Any other recommendations? I would like to have some options before making a decision.

Our current home solution is the Siemens Gigaset C610IP. It worked quite well, but now one handset has already died and, more importantly, the integration with 3CX is somewhat limited (no call waiting, no transfer).

4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

@JST's experience is why I haven't tried the SIP phones (wireless or ethernet). We use an old Linksys PAP-2T NA (unlocked) ATA and it is flawless. Call waiting, flash transfers, great audio. But it is a real challenge to provision (a trillion settings). So @Mark, does the transfer, call waiting, etc, work? By the way, the new link for the M325 is https://www.snom.com/ip-phones/workplace-mobility/m325-dect-bundle/ It looks just like the Panasonic cordless phones we use with the ATA.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a number of Gigaset base stations with a couple of handsets a piece. Limited by the fact that the base only supports 3 calls at a time, so if there are more than 3, and all are in the same ring group (as you tend to do in a residential situation), some won't ring. I do find that they "chop off" the caller name display. I see you've used them, but they are the most economical non ATA, cordless solution. The bases also work with a variety of cheaper Gigaset handsets, with fewer options. I have also used the Panasonic KX-TGP500. Much the same as the Gigaset, but a bit more expensive. I have also use a number of Panasonic DECT sets with ATAs. I do like Panasonic because handsets can be easily added/swapped, and the batteries are standard AAA rechargeables. That is the least expensive way to go as any failed "part" can be replaced individually. There are a number of commercial grade DECT VoIP handsets, generally at a much higher price. You have to decide if the added features are worth the additional cost.

6. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

W52/56 work well. Dect so good range and battery. 5 handhelds per base unit. They do auto provision. They don't support shared parks but I have yet to find any handheld that supoorts BLFs at all, its easy enough to make 501/SP1 forwarding dummy extensions.

7. JST

JST New Member

Thank you for all the replies. I ended up getting a Yealink W60 with two W56 handsets. It works like a charm! The SNOM looked great, too, but it is easier to get Yealink devices for a good price in my area.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.